Definition of lost soul in English:
1A soul that is damned.
- God of the lost, God of the found, grant us the love to rejoice with each lost soul that is found, remembering that others welcomed us when we were gathered in.
- Divine love will not transform the lost soul or readers who are this type.
- On the contrary, to judge by the entries in his Journal at this time, he tended to regard himself very much as a sinner and a lost soul.
1.1chiefly humorous A person who seems unable to cope with everyday life.
- The nice thing is that everyone left at 12, so I have the entire building to myself - and have locked my office door in case some lost soul wanders by looking for help I can't give.
- He is an emotionless, lost soul wandering the streets and helping out strangers while looking for a clean razor and dry cleaner for his dirty overcoat!
- While not locked in his office, he wanders the corridors like a lost soul.
Definition of lost soul in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan