- A method of bronze casting using a clay core and a wax coating placed in a mold. The wax is melted in the mold and drained out, and bronze poured into the space left, producing a hollow bronze figure when the core is discarded. Also called cire perdue.More example sentences
- The company has added two lost wax bronze sculptures, ‘The Kiss’ and ‘Romeo and Juliet,’ and a new bronze resin sculpture, ‘The Pipers,’ to its collection.
- The lost wax method is known all over the world.
- The artefact was made using the lost wax process which, according to him, is being forgotten by today's generation.
More definitions of lost waxDefinition of lost wax in:
- The British & World English dictionary