A person who tends to talk too much in an offensive or tactless way.
- Besides, you're always going to get loudmouths.
- The most quiet and reserved people may become deranged loudmouths when they sit behind the keyboard, staying up until dawn and conducting angry debates on discussion boards with total strangers.
- It would be much more productive to ignore the loudmouths and engage the moderate majority which actually is open to honest debate.
(also loud-mouthed) adjective
- Example sentences
- Minutes after takeoff in the close confines of an airline cabin, a loud-mouthed passenger demands a beer and shoves an attendant.
- While men were more likely to become uninhibited and loud-mouthed, women more frequently said the alcohol acted as a sedative.
- For example, why is it that one is loud-mouthed when speaking out against social injustice but not when advocating tax cuts?
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.