Definition of loudmouth in English:
A person who tends to talk too much in an offensive or tactless way.
- Besides, you're always going to get loudmouths.
- The most quiet and reserved people may become deranged loudmouths when they sit behind the keyboard, staying up until dawn and conducting angry debates on discussion boards with total strangers.
- It would be much more productive to ignore the loudmouths and engage the moderate majority which actually is open to honest debate.
- Example sentences
- Minutes after takeoff in the close confines of an airline cabin, a loud-mouthed passenger demands a beer and shoves an attendant.
- While men were more likely to become uninhibited and loud-mouthed, women more frequently said the alcohol acted as a sedative.
- For example, why is it that one is loud-mouthed when speaking out against social injustice but not when advocating tax cuts?
Pronunciation: /ˈloudˌmouT͟Hd/(also loud-mouthed) adjective
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.