Definition of loudmouth in English:
A person who tends to talk too much in an offensive or tactless way.
- Besides, you're always going to get loudmouths.
- The most quiet and reserved people may become deranged loudmouths when they sit behind the keyboard, staying up until dawn and conducting angry debates on discussion boards with total strangers.
- It would be much more productive to ignore the loudmouths and engage the moderate majority which actually is open to honest debate.
- Example sentences
- Minutes after takeoff in the close confines of an airline cabin, a loud-mouthed passenger demands a beer and shoves an attendant.
- While men were more likely to become uninhibited and loud-mouthed, women more frequently said the alcohol acted as a sedative.
- For example, why is it that one is loud-mouthed when speaking out against social injustice but not when advocating tax cuts?
Pronunciation: /ˈloudˌmouT͟Hd/(also loud-mouthed) adjective
Words that rhyme with loudmouthbad-mouth • bigmouth
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan