Definition of lounger in English:
1A person spending their time lazily or in a relaxed way.
- I think, Watson, that the time has come for me to cease being an armchair lounger.
1.1chiefly British another term for chaise longue.
- There were also a lovely gilded desk, soft comfortable chairs and loungers that invited a person to grab a book and read for the whole day.
- Rather than providing a portrait of one particular day by a pool, the composition reduces the subject to its essentials: a stand of flowers in a garden, a woman reclining on a lounger, and the water of the pool.
- Women in various stages of undress reclined on loungers around the edge of the room and a beautifully ornate staircase dropped from its centre down to the spa facilities below.
Words that rhyme with loungerscrounger
Definition of lounger in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.