- 1A romantic or sexual relationship between two people, especially one that is outside marriage.More example sentences
- How could he possibly tell his parents that he was involved in a love affair with a married woman?
- Her relationship with William was depicted as a love affair, involving many partings and returns from war.
- After an unhappy love affair, Brennan moved to New York where her real story starts.
- 1.1An intense enthusiasm or liking for something: the great American love affair with the automobileMore example sentences
enthusiasm for, mania for, devotion for, passion for
- Nationalism is about an intense love affair with the homeland.
- I eventually bought all their albums and began a life-long love affair with Canadian rock.
- It was here that his lifelong love affair with European culture began.