- An old-fashioned term for a tomato.More example sentences
- The tomato used to be called the love apple and this is nothing to do with its passionate colour or suggestive shape.
- A member of the Nightshade family, the tomato originated in Central America and was brought to Europe by the Spanish conquistadors, who nicknamed it the love apple.
- Sun-warmed and soft, that juicy vine-ripened love apple is one of the true garden treats.
More definitions of love appleDefinition of love apple in:
- The British & World English dictionary