- A Mediterranean plant of the buttercup family that bears blue flowers surrounded by delicate threadlike green bracts, giving a hazy appearance to the flowers.
More example sentences
- Nigella damascena, family Ranunculaceae
- Other quick-growing plants worth looking out for include love-in-a-mist (Nigella); pot marigold (Calendula); Iceland poppies and nasturtium (Tropaeolum).
- Try poppies, cornflowers, stocks, love-in-a-mist, cosmos, mignonette, larkspur, honesty, ox-eye daisies, marigolds, phlox, sunflowers, zinnias - whatever takes your fancy.
- Its ruffled, lavender-pink flowers look like they belong in a grandmother's garden with feverfew and love-in-a-mist.
More definitions of love-in-a-mistDefinition of love-in-a-mist in:
- The British & World English dictionary