Definition of lovesick in English:
In love, or missing the person one loves, so much that one is unable to act normally: a lovesick teenager
More example sentences
- It was almost like none of this had happened, like we were those two lovesick teenagers escaping to their favorite place all over again.
- She had seen teenage movies of lovesick teenagers and she definitely did not want to end up like that, crying all the time over some guy.
- Her feelings were enough to deal with, but hearing him babble like a lovesick teenager pushed her way over the edge.
- Example sentences
- Sick little soul that I was, I enjoyed the lovesickness.
- The film's characters - two Chinese guys, a pair of Koreans, a hitman in New York, and two Indian brothers in Hong Kong - all suffer from some degree of lovesickness.
- For better or worse, the lyrics are equally dated, seldom addressing issues more dynamic than lovesickness, desperation, or down-on-your-luck blues.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.