Definition of lovesick in English:
In love, or missing the person one loves, so much that one is unable to act normally: a lovesick teenager
More example sentences
- It was almost like none of this had happened, like we were those two lovesick teenagers escaping to their favorite place all over again.
- She had seen teenage movies of lovesick teenagers and she definitely did not want to end up like that, crying all the time over some guy.
- Her feelings were enough to deal with, but hearing him babble like a lovesick teenager pushed her way over the edge.
- Example sentences
- Sick little soul that I was, I enjoyed the lovesickness.
- The film's characters - two Chinese guys, a pair of Koreans, a hitman in New York, and two Indian brothers in Hong Kong - all suffer from some degree of lovesickness.
- For better or worse, the lyrics are equally dated, seldom addressing issues more dynamic than lovesickness, desperation, or down-on-your-luck blues.
Words that rhyme with lovesicktoxic • homesick
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan