- 1Situated relatively near or below ground level: low-level flying was bannedMore example sentences
- A temperature inversion had produced a sea of cloud that now covered the valley bottoms below us, a low-level layer of cloud from which the rolling ridges of the Borders rose like islands.
- Last year an experienced FA - 18 pilot operated his section in complete violation of established procedures on a low-level route below the route structure.
- ‘On the old aircraft we could not practise low-level flying in the simulator but with the new J we can do so and so we upset fewer neighbours,’ he said.
- 1.1Of or showing a small degree of some measurable quantity, for example radioactivity: the dumping of low-level wasteMore example sentences
- Nearly 100,000 barrels of low-level radioactive waste from nuclear power plants, hospitals and research institutes are stored on the island.
- It follows the South Australian state government losing a court bid to prevent the establishment of the national government's low-level nuclear waste dump near Woomera in the state's north.
- After Berkley made that statement, a truck transporting low-level nuclear waste from New York to Nevada was discovered to be carrying a cracked container.
- 1.2Of relatively little importance, scope, or prominence; basic: opportunities to progress beyond low-level jobsMore example sentences
- Also, road traffic police, low-level administrative servicemen and healthcare staff have been the most frequent targets of bribery.
- This degree of wraparound care - simply to get someone into what is often a low-level job - may seem extraordinary to the outsider, but those who have been helped insist it is necessary.
- I had just started a low-level job at the Village Voice, imagining it would be, even in this beleaguered climate, a bastion of what was left of the Left.
- 1.3 Computing Of or relating to programming languages or operations that are relatively close to machine code in form.More example sentences
- Typically, you need to program microcontrollers with a low-level language, such as Assembly.
- As I am more into hardcore low-level programming, I sat for a long time using only ugly programmers' graphics and no real mission.
- With all that silicon and increasingly-programmable APIs, low-level GPU programming is growing exponentially more intricate.
More definitions of low-levelDefinition of low-level in:
- The British & World English dictionary