Definition of low-water mark in English:
1The lowest level reached by the sea at low tide, or by a lake or river during a drought or dry season.
- The vessel was sunk in the middle of the river below the low-water mark.
- We have to protect that strip of land that is from the high-water mark to the low-water mark.
- He said these were susceptible to a problem called ‘accelerated low-water corrosion’ which was corrosion around the low-water mark which could now be reinforced.
1.1A minimum recorded level or value: the market was approaching its low-water mark
More example sentences
- On July 19, the Yankees reached a low-water mark when they fell 14 games back of the Red Sox.
- That last sentence must rank as one of the low-water marks of contemporary journalism.
- This model must be the low-water mark for their designers.
Definition of low-water mark in:
- British & World English dictionary