- 1Producing little; giving a low return: low-yield investmentMore example sentences
- Any other decision would carry too great a risk and this England management used up all their high-risk, low-yield return last season.
- Such investment in low-yield instruments must be discontinued and Bulgarian business must be attracted to invest in various instruments in the interests of Bulgaria, he said.
- Indeed, in this low-yield environment, a bond fund with a flexible investment policy might be just the ticket.
- 1.1(Of a nuclear weapon) having a relatively low explosive force.More example sentences
- Destroying hard and buried targets, such as bunkers built beneath mountains or tunnels placed hundreds of feet below ground, is the main justification behind the bid to develop new low-yield, earth-penetrating nuclear weapons.
- Earlier this year the Senate voted to end the ban, provided the Pentagon and Department of Energy sought authorisation from Congress before researching development of low-yield nuclear weapons.
- I mean I think the most blatant message was the fact that they're going to have a strategy of preemption that might even include using low-yield nuclear weapons.