Definition of lower class in English:
noun[treated as singular or plural]
The social group that has the lowest status; the working class.
- The society is made up of the wealthy upper class, the middle class, and the working or lower class.
- But all the projects are aimed at either the upper class, the middle class or lower class, there is nothing for the absolute poor.
- I'm so sorry for the gap between the middle class and the lower class.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or characteristic of the lower class: a lower-class area
More example sentences
- It is also true that high-risk characteristics are common in lower-class communities.
- Granted, it is a lower-class area, but the majority of the people living there make no effort to improve their lives.
- In urban areas, lower-class men work in crafts, manufacturing, and low-paid service industries.
Definition of lower class in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan