(also low life)
Definition of lowlife in English:
People or activities characterized as being disreputable and often criminal: crackheads, loafers, and general nineties low life
More example sentences
- Pattaya is a tourist city and we cannot have such low-life criminals attacking tourists.
- Expect ripe language, prostitution, low-life characters, black marketeering, drug abuse and more - but there may be a little bit of romanticism even in this grim tale.
- Unlike other kinds of theft where the principal beneficiaries are the thief and other low-life cretins, here the person who benefits the most is another contractor.
- lowlifer noun
- Example sentences
- These previously prime time westerns taught us that when the bad guys come into town to terrorise our families, the sheriff always rounds up the men willing to hop on a horse and go after these low-lifers.
- Typical of a Soderbergh movie is the assertion that most low-lifers are comedians at heart.
- These low-lifers work, drive and shop among us without conscience, in every area of the judicial system.
Definition of lowlife in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.