Giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution: he remained loyal to the government loyal service
More example sentences
- Followers electing a king were also proclaiming themselves as his loyal supporters.
- Don't get me wrong, that's not meant as a criticism of those loyal fans who turned up to watch the game.
- Many of his most loyal backers have now left the Commons and, at 65, his age is now an issue.
- More example sentences
- They continue to do their job loyally and faithfully.
- Mary recalls edging nervously into the venue's makeshift temple, loyally carrying a letter for Paul which her friend Christa had entrusted to her.
- For 24 years, he belonged to the Indonesian military, which loyally followed the president's orders.