Definition of loyal in English:
Giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution: he remained loyal to the government loyal service
More example sentences
- Followers electing a king were also proclaiming themselves as his loyal supporters.
- Don't get me wrong, that's not meant as a criticism of those loyal fans who turned up to watch the game.
- Many of his most loyal backers have now left the Commons and, at 65, his age is now an issue.
- Example sentences
- They continue to do their job loyally and faithfully.
- Mary recalls edging nervously into the venue's makeshift temple, loyally carrying a letter for Paul which her friend Christa had entrusted to her.
- For 24 years, he belonged to the Indonesian military, which loyally followed the president's orders.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan