- 1A lubricant.More example sentences
- There are now fortified dry lubes, synthetic wet lubes, self-cleaning wax lubes, all-condition lubes, chain cleaners, chain grunge brushes and more.
- If any major work is required, they drive the machine to the landing and a new, exceptionally-well equipped 45-foot service van that includes all the tools, fuel, lubes and spare parts as well as an office.
- In most shops the lube alone would cost at least £9!
- 1.1Lubrication: [as modifier]: a lube jobMore example sentences
- With repair bills approaching twelve hundred dollars, it would be determined that a chemical related mishap during a lube service was the culprit.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Lubricate (something).More example sentences
- In low-speed applications, ball bearings are lubed with grease.
- The shop in Bangor lubed the gear legs with a special cold-weather grease, and the problem was solved.
- If your bearings were lubed with a thick gel or grease, you may have to let them soak for ten minutes, shake for ten minutes, soak for ten minutes and so on to get them clean.
More definitions of lubeDefinition of lube in:
- The British & World English dictionary