Definition of luderick in English:
noun (plural same)
An edible, herbivorous fish of Australasian coastal waters and estuaries. Also called blackfish.
- Girella tricuspidata, family Kyphosidae
- Other fish on the go are pan-size bream, luderick and drummers (off the rocks) with some large flathead ambushing bait in and around the shallows.
- The luderick are in amongst bream at the Evans walls while main beach has had some nice whiting being caught between the north wall and surf club.
- A few bream and possibly a luderick around the gap could be bagged.
late 19th century: from Ganay (an Aboriginal language) ludarag.
Definition of luderick in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia