noun (plural same)
An edible, herbivorous fish of Australasian coastal waters and estuaries. Also called blackfish.
- Girella tricuspidata, family Kyphosidae
More example sentences
- Other fish on the go are pan-size bream, luderick and drummers (off the rocks) with some large flathead ambushing bait in and around the shallows.
- The luderick are in amongst bream at the Evans walls while main beach has had some nice whiting being caught between the north wall and surf club.
- A few bream and possibly a luderick around the gap could be bagged.
late 19th century: from Ganay (an Aboriginal language) ludarag.
Definition of luderick in:
- The British & World English dictionary