- The procedure of taking fluid from the spine in the lower back through a hollow needle, usually done for diagnostic purposes.More example sentences
- All patients had a lumbar puncture to obtain cerebrospinal fluid, to exclude other causes of coma.
- Reducing the failure rate in practice is therefore crucial if patients are to benefit from lumbar punctures with atraumatic needles.
- So I did the lumbar puncture to get spinal fluid.
More definitions of lumbar punctureDefinition of lumbar puncture in:
- The British & World English dictionary