nounchiefly North American
- A person engaged in the lumber trade, especially a lumberjack.More example sentences
- He wanted a workforce to build Siberia and chose country people because they were foresters and lumberers with the skills to do the work he wanted.
- During a lull in the legal combat during the summer of 1990, the judges having momentarily rested in its favor, the university ordered its crew of lumberers to clearcut the Mount Graham site.
- Some one of the lumberers who may happen to be best acquainted with the stream acts as pilot, all the others following his directions in the navigation.
More definitions of lumbererDefinition of lumberer in:
- The British & World English dictionary