- Emit light by luminescence.More example sentences
- Thus in two of the dated samples the zircons failed to luminesce, and the transmitted and reflected light images of the zircons were the preferred source to glean some structural information on these zircons.
- Both dyes luminesce with single exponential lifetimes, and the emission is accurately fit by the sum of two exponential decays, with lifetimes identical to those measured separately in aqueous solution.
- Aequorin, when bound to its cofactor coelenterazine, luminesces in response to calcium binding.
late 19th century: back-formation from luminescence.
More definitions of luminesceDefinition of luminesce in:
- The British & World English dictionary