- A single payment made at a particular time, as opposed to a number of smaller payments or installments.More example sentences
- When he dies, his wife is usually guaranteed a lump sum or payment of income for five years only.
- At the end of the term, a pre-agreed single lump sum payment is made by the borrower to clear the debt.
- It stated that the funds were to be used to secure the Retirement Benefits which were an annuity and a lump sum payment.
More definitions of lump sumDefinition of lump sum in:
- The British & World English dictionary