- The angular distance of the moon from the sun, a planet, or a star, used in finding longitude at sea.More example sentences
- During his editorship, Lalande added accurate tables of lunar distances from stars which were valuable in navigation.
- For some years he had maintained a strong interest in, and advocacy of, the method of lunar distances for determining longitude.
- Not by accident, he used Harrison's chronometer and lunar distances to calculate longitudes accurately.
More definitions of lunar distanceDefinition of lunar distance in:
- The British & World English dictionary