Definition of lunisolar in English:
1Of or concerning the combined motions or effects of the sun and moon.
- The cited lunisolar interface is significant because an interpretation based upon the lunar phases so clearly points to the possibility of a special creation.
- The air pressure variations due to lunisolar effects cause the deformation of the Earth and therefore directly and indirectly influence several geodynamical phenomena.
- Numerical studies show that lunisolar perturbations control stability of equilibria for orbits with semimajor axes exceeding 1.4 Earth radii.
1.1Of or employing a calendar year divided according to the phases of the moon, but adjusted in average length to fit the length of the solar cycle.
- The Jewish calendar, a highly complex system, is ‘lunisolar ‘, where the years are solar and months lunar.
- The Chinese Calendar is a lunisolar calendar based on calculations of the positions of the Sun and Moon.
- In different Indian lunisolar calendars the lunar month is used, mixed with the sidereal month.