A plucked stringed instrument with a long neck bearing frets and a rounded body with a flat front that is shaped like a halved egg.
- Did such instruments as the lute, viol, or violoncello piccolo play a role as continuo instruments?
- Instrumental support, which mostly doubles the vocal lines, is provided by bamboo flutes, two-stringed viols, lutes, dulcimer, and panpipes, gently seasoned by percussive punctuation.
- Many of the riffs are righteously medieval in tone, but they rework those tripping arpeggios for a scorched-earth rock setting, without a lute, zither or lyre within earshot.
verb[with object] Back to top
Seal, join, or coat with lute.
- Finally the flares of the mold must be luted to provide a seal between mold and bar so that the weld metal will not escape during the actual welding process.
- Finally, you should lute the orthodontic brackets using only light-activated resins, if possible.