noun (plural luvvies)British • informal , often • derogatory
- An actor or actress, especially one who is particularly effusive or affected: everyone is singing his praises—from the luvvies at Cannes to various political figures in the USMore example sentences
- If you're a fan of the theatre, don't mind luvvies being luvvies and enjoy an elongated version of a Sunday night period melodrama, with an abundance of tomfoolery, then this should tickle your fancy.
- Of course, the on-stage luvvies and their well-heeled fans who populate the grand city centre theatres won't be going near the place.
- He whispers the word ‘artist’ almost shamefully, with the accent of a theatrical luvvie.
More definitions of luvvieDefinition of luvvie in:
- The British & World English dictionary