noun (plural same)
- The SI unit of illuminance, equal to one lumen per square meter.More example sentences
- Professional curators and conservators will look for work elsewhere, and amateurs will be hired who don't care whether light levels are 50 lux or 500 lux.
- Light boxes for light therapy usually produce between 2,500 lux and 10,000 lux.
- It is measured in foot-candles or lux.
late 19th century: from Latin, literally 'light'.
More definitions of luxDefinition of lux in:
- The British & World English dictionary