Definition of lychnis in English:
A plant of a genus that includes the campions and a number of cultivated ornamental flowers.
- Genus Lychnis, family Caryophyllaceae
- When summer-flowering perennials such as bellflowers, geraniums, lychnis, Shasta daisies, and spiderworts finish blooming and start to look tattered, cut back their stems to the rosette of new foliage.
- Plants chosen for drought tolerance as well as color thrive here, including catmint (Nepeta ‘Blue Wonder’), ceanothus, lychnis, penstemon, purple coneflower, rockrose, rosemary, and star jasmine.
- Conversely other plants, such as Petunia, Lychnis and Gazania, need light.
Definition of lychnis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan