- (Of food, especially sliced potatoes) cooked with onions or with a white wine and onion sauce.More example sentences
- I made the salad lyonnaise and the English muffins for brunch for friends today.
- Both "Tripe Lyonnaise" and "Tripe Poulette" (also included in this database) are delicious family dishes.
- Al dente asparagus with expertly made hollandaise sauce, flavorful onion-laced lyonnaise and mashed potatoes made winning side dishes.
French, 'characteristic of the city of Lyons'.
More definitions of lyonnaiseDefinition of lyonnaise in:
- The British & World English dictionary