verb[with object] • technical
- Freeze-dry (a substance).More example sentences
- Cell wall material was then lyophilized and weighed.
- Samples conserved in liquid nitrogen are lyophilized prior to analysis.
- A recent approach to reduce the interlaboratory variation has been to prepare a calibration curve using calibrated lyophilized plasmas.
- More example sentences
- After fractionation with ammonium sulphate the sample was dialysed against ammonium bicarbonate buffer for desalting and lyophilization.
- Peptide samples to be used in FTIR spectroscopic experiments were converted to the hydrochloride salt by two cycles of lyophilization from 10 mM hydrochloric acid.
- More than 99% of ammonium was removed by lyophilization, making it possible to use conductivity to estimate total nonvolatile ionic concentrations and facilitating analysis of urea.
Pronunciation: /-ˌäfələˈzāshən, -ˌlīˈzā-/noun
More definitions of lyophilizeDefinition of lyophilize in:
- The British & World English dictionary