- Undergo or cause to undergo lysis.More example sentences
- When the spores completely fill the host cell cytoplasm, the cell lyses and releases the spores to the surroundings.
- As the bacteria are released from the newly lysed cell, more macrophages begin the process of phagocytosis, and the cycle continues.
- Then, they were thawed in 30 ml lysis buffer and immediately lysed.
early 20th century: back-formation from lysis.
More definitions of lyseDefinition of lyse in:
- The British & World English dictionary