Definition of lytic in English:
Of, relating to, or causing lysis: the lytic activity of bile acids
More example sentences
- Studies on the lytic activity against Phytophthora cell wall of root protein extracts also corroborated a systemic effect of mycorrhizal symbiosis on tomato resistance to Phytophthora.
- An informative monitoring technique in ecological immunology is to quantify lytic activity over time, which measures the status of the invertebrate immune system.
- Thus, lysogeny seems to be a survival strategy at low host abundance and activity, whereas high host abundance and activity seems to favor the lytic life cycle.
- Example sentences
- Interestingly, the positive cells and associated debris were mainly located within lacunae, indicating that most lytically infected cells were phagocytosed by the infiltrated macrophages.
- Macrophages in the starry sky pattern may be engaged in clearing lymphoma cells lytically infected with EBV.
- Although P22 can adsorb to S. typhi and inject its DNA into a S. typhi recipient, P22 cannot develop lytically in S. typhi.
Definition of lytic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia