1.1(In Germany) mark; marks.
symbolPhysics Back to top
noun (plural Ms or M's)
2 (M) A shape like that of a capital M.
- But on that way we got to see a lot of little shops and finally the big golden M and Julius got his burger (of which he only ate half).
- Examples of trademarked items are the names "Coke," "Coca-cola," "McDonald's," the McDonald's golden M logo, stuff like that.
1.13Monsieur: M Chirac
A .30-caliber semiautomatic clip-fed rifle capable of firing eight rounds before reloading, the standard rifle used by US troops in World War II and the Korean War.
- What is the value of an M-1 Garand rifle?
- Should I use an M-1 Carbine to take out rats or other vermin?
- An M-1 with the 105mm carries 55 main gun rounds.
A lightweight, fully automatic assault rifle that shoots small-caliber bullets at an extremely high velocity, used by US troops after 1966.
- Kidding, it's not really a DeWalt edition rifle, it's just an M-16 some guy modded to look like one.
- "I could troubleshoot an M-16 much faster than I could an M-14," says Lieut. Colonel Henry Miller, chief of Army heavy maintenance in Saigon.
- Ashdod police were more than a bit surprised on Sunday when they spotted a 5-year-old walking a local street brandishing an M-16 rifle.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan