Macaroni: his daily yearning for mac and cheese
More example sentences
- Chowing down on the foods your mama used to make - like mashed potatoes or mac and cheese - can make you feel as warm and soft as those goodies, which may help you catch a few more winks.
- Instead, we ate potato chips, drank three bottles of red wine, finished off the rum, made lots of mac and cheese and sweated in the billion-degree heat.
- Even mac 'n' cheese has gained new dignity.
nouninformal , chiefly British
- This can only mean that Martine McCutcheon must own a Burberry mac too, hence minus points.
- There probably won't be a single mac or trilby hat in sight at the Novotel on Saturday, he said.
- Because of the rain I've had to wear it with my Burberry mac, but it goes with it, so all is not lost.
early 20th century: abbreviation.
1980s: from Macintosh, the brand name of a range of computers manufactured by Apple Inc.; the range was named after a variety of dessert apple (see McIntosh).