Macaroni: his daily yearning for mac and cheese
More example sentences
- Chowing down on the foods your mama used to make - like mashed potatoes or mac and cheese - can make you feel as warm and soft as those goodies, which may help you catch a few more winks.
- Instead, we ate potato chips, drank three bottles of red wine, finished off the rum, made lots of mac and cheese and sweated in the billion-degree heat.
- Even mac 'n' cheese has gained new dignity.
Words that rhyme with macaback, alack, attack, back, black, brack, clack, claque, crack, Dirac, drack, flack, flak, hack, jack, Kazakh, knack, lack, lakh, mach, Nagorno-Karabakh, pack, pitchblack, plaque, quack, rack, sac, sack, shack, shellac, slack, smack, snack, stack, tach, tack, thwack, track, vac, wack, whack, wrack, yak, Zack
nouninformal , chiefly British
- This can only mean that Martine McCutcheon must own a Burberry mac too, hence minus points.
- There probably won't be a single mac or trilby hat in sight at the Novotel on Saturday, he said.
- Because of the rain I've had to wear it with my Burberry mac, but it goes with it, so all is not lost.
1980s: from Macintosh, the brand name of a range of computers manufactured by Apple Inc.; the range was named after a variety of dessert apple (see McIntosh).
nounNorth American informal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan