noun (plural macchiatos)
- Espresso with a dash of frothy steamed milk.More example sentences
- A list of beverage choices includes cappuccino, mocha, espresso macchiato and frothy dark chocolate, perhaps with mint.
- He places the finished drink, a macchiato, on the counter.
- Your macchiato or cappuccino will always taste the same at La Dolce Vita's low-key second floor lounge or lush rooftop.
1970s: from Italian (caffè) macchiato, literally 'stained, marked (coffee)', from macchiare 'stain, mark'.
More definitions of macchiatoDefinition of macchiato in:
- The British & World English dictionary