Definition of machinable in English:
(Of a material) able to be worked by a machine tool.
- The deposits are not machinable and are very difficult to grind.
- Through the addition of manganese sulfide to the powder, we have a material that is machinable and still has a hardness in the Rockwell 26-27 range.
- Joints made with the LTB process were thermally stable, resistant to common solvents, vacuum compatible, relatively stress free, machinable, and transparent to UV, visible, and IR radiation.
- Example sentences
- Total cost of making a casting is affected by required heat treatment and by weldability and machinability, in addition to ingot and melting costs.
- These elements are added to enhance such mechanical properties as machinability, strength, and hardness.
- These minor alloying agents, while improving machinability, significantly affect the weldability of copper alloys by rendering the alloys hot-crack susceptible.
Definition of machinable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.