- An automatic gun that fires bullets in rapid succession for as long as the trigger is pressed.More example sentences
- It was a giant machine gun that fired plastic bullets and grenades.
- The most important of these were the bolt action rifle and the machine gun, and hand grenades and mortars.
- She felt several bullets strike her helmet as she fired the machine gun at the remaining attacking soldiers.
verb(machine-gun) [with object] Back to top
- Shoot with a machine gun.More example sentences
- Several hundred were machine-gunned in the Santiago soccer stadium; others shot to death in the street.
- We were bombed, machine-gunned by the planes, without respite.
- European Union External Affairs Commissioner Chris Patten noted at that time that he was repulsed by the sheer savagery of the attack where sleeping infants were machine-gunned to death at close range.
- More example sentences
- Nobody wonders: What of those machine-gunners?
- On their orders, 83 American prisoners of war had been murdered by Waffen S.S. machine-gunners.
- The pain of the needle felt good to the 40-year-old former Army sergeant, whose memories of his nine months as a machine-gunner in Iraq had left him, he said, ‘feeling dead inside.’
More definitions of machine gunDefinition of machine gun in:
- The British & World English dictionary