Definition of machinima in English:
1A method of making animated film using software similar to that designed for making video and computer games.
- More than just a cheap way to make an animated movie, machinima allows game players to comment directly on the pop culture they so devotedly consume.
- Already, a small cult of machinima has started up, using game engines as studios to create movie-like scenes.
- We see glimmers of that in some machinima projects, like Red v Blue or in Flash-shorts like Homestar Runner, a clubbish sense of ownership by its fans that turn them into relentless marketers of the net-art.
1.1The genre of films created by machinima.
- Film enthusiasts are creating machinima, films made with computer gaming technology, some of it available for free on the Web.
- THIS SPRING, ELECTRONIC ARTS DECIDED to promote the Sims 2 by hiring Rooster Teeth to create a machinima show using the game.
- One of the more popular machinima concepts is to create a music video using characters in a game (there were a bunch of Star Wars ones that got passed around for a while).
Definition of machinima in:
- British & World English dictionary