- A shark of the family Lamnidae, especially the porbeagle or the mako.More example sentences
- On the American side of the Atlantic, where it is also known as the mackerel shark, it can be found from the Gulf of St Lawrence down to S. Carolina.
- The teeth are brilliantly preserved examples of a number of species, including raggedtooth, requiem and even mackerel shark.
- The most successful and speciose group are not the lamniforms (mackerel sharks), to which Carcharodon belongs, but the carcharhiniforms, or ground sharks, many of which are large, but not notably aggressive.
More definitions of mackerel sharkDefinition of mackerel shark in:
- The British & World English dictionary