- Constituting, relating to, or following a diet of whole pure prepared foods that is based on Taoist principles of the balance of yin and yang.More example sentences
- I wanted my body to devote itself to getting better, not digesting unhealthy food, so I worked out a diet based on macrobiotic and Ayurvedic principles and ate only organically grown food.
- The macrobiotic diet contains whole foods that are extremely high in natural minerals and include: grains, beans, vegetables and sea vegetables, sea salt, and miso.
- Soft-shelled varieties, especially that called ‘Ma-Yuen’, are preferred for eating, for example in macrobiotic diets.
noun(macrobiotics) [treated as singular] Back to top
- The use or theory of a macrobiotic diet.More example sentences
- In macrobiotics some food is beneficial at certain times.
- Japanese macrobiotics uses a grated poultice of the taro potato which grows in tropical, hot countries.
- He enrolled on a course in macrobiotics in London - and four years later, in 1993, left with a certificate from the London School of Macrobiotics and membership of the Macrobiotics Association of Great Britain.
More definitions of macrobioticDefinition of macrobiotic in:
- The British & World English dictionary