- another term for macula.More example sentences
- The lesions first appear as macules or papules distributed in a dermatomal pattern, which progress into vesicles, then pustules, and, finally, crusts.
- The skin lesions are nonpalpable macules that may persist for months to years and are typically asymptomatic except for the cosmetic appearance.
- Impetigo is characterized by red macules and vesicles that can rupture with purulent exudates.
late 15th century: from French, or from Latin macula 'spot'.
More definitions of maculeDefinition of macule in:
- The British & World English dictionary