- Absence or loss of the eyelashes (and sometimes the eyebrows), either as a congenital condition or as a result of an infection.More example sentences
- Fig.2 The anterior lid margins show erythema and moderate madarosis of the lower lashes.
- Treatments are available for madarosis but are generally initiated by an ophthalmologist or dermatologist
- Important complications observed were loss of eyebrows, madarosis and lagophthalmos: corneal involvement due to lagophthalmos were mainly present in lepromatous leprosy.
late 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek, 'baldness', from madaros 'bald'.
More definitions of madarosisDefinition of madarosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary