- 1Wearing makeup: her immaculately made-up faceMore example sentences
wearing makeup• informal dolled up, decked out
- While you may feel like it would be a crime against society to leave home without a fully made-up face, makeup and working out mix like oil and water.
- Unlike the rest of us, who looked very overly made-up in our stage makeup, she looked natural.
- According to this overly made-up woman, the least bit of makeup on us (as well as giving us cancer, in her opinion) made us harlots.
- 2Invented; not true: a made-up storyMore example sentences
- Fred plays an international con man, looking for easy prey in ‘Patria,’ a made-up country in South America that bears a suspicious resemblance to the Swiss Alps.
- Ron is all faux pretense and made-up mischievousness.
- The characters are too made-up and comfortingly false.