- 1In a manner suggesting or characteristic of insanity: his eyes bulged madlyMore example sentences
- Before, a smaller black unicorn stood, his wild red eyes glowing madly, and his horn a dull, dull gold, like it was supposed to be.
- Her eyes squinted madly, trying to make out the manner of the commotion around them.
- Even now I am smiling madly, like a Cheshire cat.
- 1.1 • informal With extreme intensity: the boys are all madly in love with youMore example sentences
- Yet I was madly in love with a boy who collected the fees for deckchairs on the beach.
- He smiled in the way that fathers do… you know, that smile they give the boy that they know their daughter is falling madly in love with.
- The girl is totally madly in love with the boy and the boy feels the same except they're both stupid and scared to tell each other how they feel.