- A strong, fine-textured cotton fabric, typically patterned with colorful stripes or checks.More example sentences
- For women's wear, the firm generated interest with its crushed voile in small plaids and stronger madras plaids, noted Luc Wende, marketing manager.
- The costume features madras fabric, introduced from India after Antigua won independence.
- He wore a Shazi polo shirt - a mixture of black and madras cloth.
mid 19th century: by association with Madras.
More definitions of MadrasDefinition of madras in:
- The British & World English dictionary