noun (plural same)
1A native or inhabitant of the island of Madura in Indonesia.
- Ali Mumin, a Madurese who has been living in Bali for 10 years, said Idul Fitri celebrations on the island were still less joyous than in his hometown.
- There are many Kalimantan people living in East Java and there are many East Javanese, including Madurese, living in Kalimantan.
- The range of ethnic groups is vast but the principal ones are: Malay, Javanese, Sundanese, Madurese, Balinese, Ambon.
Relating to the inhabitants of Madura or their language.
- While their menfolk were at sea, Madurese women made batik at home; this is the familiar story about Madurese batik.
- Born in Malang of Madurese parents, Rizza was the fifth of nine children.
- The Madurese settlers are just a small part of the population among the Dayak, Malay and Chinese communities of Kalimantan.
Words that rhyme with MadureseAchinese, Ambonese, appease, Assamese, Balinese, Belize, Beninese, Bernese, bêtise, Bhutanese, breeze, Burmese, Cantonese, Castries, cerise, cheese, chemise, Chinese, Cingalese, Cleese, Congolese, Denise, Dodecanese, ease, éminence grise, expertise, Faroese, freeze, Fries, frieze, Gabonese, Genoese, Goanese, Guyanese, he's, Japanese, Javanese, jeez, journalese, Kanarese, Keys, Lebanese, lees, legalese, Louise, Macanese, Maltese, marquise, Milanese, Nepalese, officialese, overseas, pease, Pekinese, Peloponnese, Piedmontese, please, Portuguese, Pyrenees, reprise, Rwandese, seise, seize, Senegalese, she's, Siamese, Sienese, Sikkimese, Sinhalese, sleaze, sneeze, squeeze, Stockton-on-Tees, Sudanese, Sundanese, Surinamese, Tabriz, Taiwanese, tease, Tees, telegraphese, these, Timorese, Togolese, trapeze, valise, Viennese, Vietnamese, vocalese, wheeze
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Madurese in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.