Definition of maestoso in English:
(Especially as a direction) in a majestic manner.
- The song morphs into another idea of maestoso chords, which gradually peters out to a quiet finish.
- His composure shifted from weightless glee, to a rougher, maestoso tone of scorn.
- I thought there was nothing maestoso about the first movement.
noun (plural maestosos)Back to top
A movement or passage marked to be performed in a majestic manner.
- Moderato e maestoso, the fourth movement, sent me back into the cool night with delight of the highest order.
- Andante maestoso was not an overblown anticlimax but the real apotheosis of Tchaikovsky's musical argument.
- The opening Allegro maestoso is winningly done whilst the lovely Andante semplice also contains much that is beautiful and simple at the same time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.