- 1Of or relating to the magi of ancient Persia.More example sentences
- Lady - you must understand - that door is Magian work - even one as skilled as myself finds it difficult to force open…
- Historian Grundy, like Thucydides, completely ignores the Greek and Magian worldviews.
- He showed that similar horoscopes in the Magian or Chaldaean system had been described in ancient times for Roman emperors such as Augustus, Tiberius, and Hadrian.
- 1.1Of or relating to the Magi who brought gifts to the infant Jesus.More example sentences
- Beyond the river Euphrates the magians lived; and they were wise, could read the language of the stars, and they divined that one, a master soul, was born; they saw his star above Jerusalem.
nounBack to top
- A magus or Magus.More example sentences
- The sacerdotal and learned class were styled magians or magicians.