- (Chiefly of rocks and minerals) containing or relatively rich in magnesium.More example sentences
- Moreover, magnesian and hydrous magmas such as boninites and lamprophyres apparently find no difficulty in traversing the crust.
- Most typical of the volcanicity is the presence of ultrabasic lavas and the highly magnesian basic lavas known as komatiites.
- Most complaints have been about noise from Darrington Quarry East, the part of the site nearest homes, where a large hydraulic hammer is being used to break magnesian limestone rocks.
More definitions of magnesianDefinition of magnesian in:
- The British & World English dictionary