- The chemical element of atomic number 12, a silver-white metal of the alkaline earth series. It is used to make strong lightweight alloys, especially for the aerospace industry, and is also used in flashbulbs and pyrotechnics because it burns with a brilliant white flame. (Symbol: Mg)More example sentences
- Calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc are the major minerals that make up bones.
- This fruit is also rich in other mineral elements such as calcium, iron and magnesium.
- Generally, magnesium, potassium, and sulfur do not need to be added to swine diets.
More definitions of magnesiumDefinition of magnesium in:
- The British & World English dictionary