- 1Magnetic flux or flux density.More example sentences
- Guitar pickups work by the principles of magnetic induction.
- Previous sensors used read heads that relied on the principle of magnetic induction, for which the size of the signal depends on the relative speed between the field and the sensor.
- According to Visteon design engineer Michael Andrews, the pad transmits power via magnetic induction, so there is no chance of users getting an electric shock.
- 2The process by which an object or material is magnetized by an external magnetic field.More example sentences
- Tony Peyton at Lancaster University in the UK has developed many interesting ideas based on magnetic induction, including monitoring the flow and crystallization of molten steel during continuous casting.
More definitions of magnetic inductionDefinition of magnetic induction in:
- The British & World English dictionary