- The property of a magnet that interacts with an applied field to give a mechanical moment.More example sentences
- The holmium atoms in this salt all behave like tiny magnets and, in the absence of a magnetic field, their magnetic moments point in random directions.
- At very low temperature this metal develops magnetic order, whereby the magnetic moments of its electrons align with one other.
- Recent experiments support the idea that crystal defects may be responsible for the quantum tunnelling of magnetic moments in molecular magnets at low temperatures.
More definitions of magnetic momentDefinition of magnetic moment in:
- The British & World English dictionary